Tuesday, April 28, 2009

end of the semester hatred

So I have one week exactly left of classes and I cannot wait for them to be done. As I previously mentioned, I have a spectacular summer planned, part of which involves sleeping which I'm anxious to get started.  The problem is, since it is the end of the semester, every single teacher of mine has decided to make sure we have more work to do than there are hours in the day. So before exams even start I have 4 paintings, one very large etching project, an 8 page paper, and two tests to take before the week is over. It does not help however that mother nature decided to skip spring entirely and go straight into summer weather in order to distract all students from the tedious mundane existence that is school. It especially does not help when I have to enclose myself in the painting studio with the blinds closed and the lights off save for my little clamp lights to light my canvas as I finish these little paintings. It's a good thing I love it. 
I do manage to find time here and there to enjoy the weather however, mostly just on the weekends.  I love it especially when my nephew comes over to play. I tried to teach him the spider game on the swing last week, but he didn't quite grasp it. We had a sweet bonding moment because of it regardless. 
This picture just makes me happy in general. Mostly because I love this kid. We're basically BFF. 

No comments: