Monday, September 19, 2011

More of June




So this week was pretty typical. The problem with our chuveiros got fixed. So we´re taking warm showers in the morning again. What a blessing. Although the water´s never exactly hot. It´s not cold, but not hot either, so needless to say, my mission is teaching me to take short showers. But all is well, we´re just plugging along.

Anyway, winter is starting to settle in. At least in the morning is super cold, but by the time we leave the apartment the sun is shining and it´s hot out. But Sunday was cold cold cold. Even in the afternoon there was a little bite to the air. Winter here is a lot different. I don´t think it´ll be as cold as it is at home, but no one has heating in their houses. Even the people who are a little more well-off. Everyone just wears a lot of sweaters and slippers when they´re in the house. The mornings are the worst though. It´s so hard to get out of bed when the bed´s the only warm place in the apartment. But we do, and everything works out.

We´ve been teaching Luana who´s 15 and soaking up the gospel like a sponge. Oh well, it´s too late now. I´ve been transferred. I´ll find out tomorrow in the bus station in Porto Alegre where I´m going. I wanted so bad to see Luana baptized, but tudo bem. I know the Lord has a purpose in moving me. I got an email from Presidente Pavan saying
"OK. OBRIGADO. VOCÊ ESTÁ FAZENDO UM GRANDE TRABALHO MISSIONÁRIO. PARABÉNS.
AGORA O SENHOR PRECISA DE SUA AJUDA EM OUTRO LUGAR. SEI QUE FARÁ UM BELO TRABALHO EM SUA NOVA ÁREA.
SERÁO NOVOS DESAFIOS E TAMBÉM MOMEMTOS DE MUITO CRESCIMENTO.
PRES. PAVAN"
Translation: ok, thanks (in response to last weeks email). You are doing a great missionary work. Congratulations. Now the Lord needs your help in another place. I know that you will do a beautiful work in your new area. There will be new challenges and also moments of much growth.
Pres. Pavan.

So here we go. New adventures. I´m always a little apprehensive about a new transfer and always it works out just fine. I had hoped to have another transfer with Sis. Inhuma. So far I´ve only ever had one transfer with every companion. I´ve never had more than 6 weeks with anyone. With the exception of Sis. Dangerfield in the MTC. But even that was a little different. We were a trio and then after 6 weeks, it was just the two of us. I hope at some point in my mission I get 2 transfers with someone. Just watch, now I´ll have a companion I don´t like for 2 transfers. Ahaha.

No comments: