Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Twenty Ten

So this is my first official post of the new year. How exciting. If only I actually had something to say. I just felt like I hadn't posted anything in ages, so here are just a few random tidbits.
I am currently obsessed with Oren Lavie. I posted his incredible stop motion animated music video a few months ago, but more recently bought his CD and am now obsessed. He's not that much to look at but his voice is unbelievably attractive. I just love the soft, earthy quality to his music.



So moving on, I have also been recently introduced to the most delightful TV show, Pushing Daisies. I had heard wonderful things, but couldn't fully understand until I was able to partake in this whimsical, colorful, quirky pleasure of a show. The fact that the main star Lee Pace is unbelievably adorable helps as well.



The glasses are entirely unrelated to the show, I just thought he looked precious in them.



And one more thing before I go, my winter break is very quickly slipping away from me. I took a quick, spontaneous trip up to Buena Vista, VA to help out a friend (for purely selfish reasons seeing as how it gave me an excuse to go up and play with all of my friends in BV), and suddenly all of my time is gone. I have a a teensy bit less than a week until I'm back at school and become a hermit. This semester I have class Monday through Thursday until 8 in the evening. So basically I don't anticipate seeing anybody since I'll probably be doing homework on the weekends. This is what I get for picking the hardest professor for Painting III. Suddenly the fact that I'll be learning so incredibly much from her doesn't seem as important. It's alright, I'll make it through. I don't think hermitage with kill me.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love Pushing Daisies! It was a real shame that they cancelled it! Stupid people! Ah, oh well...

KoreywithaK said...

Ummmmmm...you should see ME, if nothing else I will be right up there with you in the art building. Though most likely two stories below in the "dungeon" aka ceramics room, or in the etching room, developing film, fiddling around in the digital lab, or just plain loitering outside playing banjo or something.....and I'm sure I'll get bored and come see what your up to from time to time up there...

Anonymous said...

Lee Pace is so gorgeous. I want him. I watched Pushing Daisies from the first time it was on tv, and it is beyond great. Miss it.