Wednesday, August 26, 2009

tender mercies

So to my surprise as I wandered into the Gatewood Gallery in the studio arts building today, two of my paintings were hanging on the wall. And then I remembered that in my evaluation letter from my painting II class last semester my professor mentioned she was stealing those two pieces for the summer show in the Gatewood. It's just a student show from the spring semester but I like having something in there. Especially when the night before a friend was casually talking about some $1,700 commission she had, etc, when I'm older and feel more experienced. In all actuality it sounds like she's more experienced than I am, but regardless it made me feel like a child which I don't like.
So anyways, it was a nice little boost to feel appreciated at least a little today. It was a tender mercy to a grouchy day. that and once I arrived home from school my sister had just barely pulled a frozen pizza out of the oven, ready to go into my ravenous tummy.

p.s. I think this semester's going to be harder than anticipated. I'm ready for summer again. At least I don't have class on Friday, I just keep on telling myself that. It helps.

No comments: