Tuesday, October 6, 2009

No offense Judy

So on such a rainy, dreary day as this, I'm oddly enough reminded of one of my favorite songs, Somewhere Over the Rainbow. But the thing is, I don't care for the Judy Garland version. I recognize that she sings it beautifully and it's plenty lovely, I just love other versions so much more.
For example, Brother Iz.


And my favorite, Ella Fitzgerald.


I just love the different arrangements of it. I have nothing against Judy, but I like it better when other people sing her song.
Anyway, on another vein of thought, I think it's very fitting that the weather is so depressing on the day I have a math test. It just makes sense. One of my dearest hopes for future generations is that Universities will learn that Art Majors don't need math, and will cease to require one for graduation.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I really like it in the movie Australia when the little boy sings and plays that song :) And amen about the math!

KoreywithaK said...

Iz IS the best!!!