Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Politics

So in general I have always disliked politics. I never had the patience or the interest to sit down and educate myself in the world of politics, and have used that as an excuse to just keep my mouth shut. But as this Health Care Bill is passed and I watch the explosion of opinions about it, I find another reason to not like politics, the contention. I've never handled contention well. I would get in fights with my sisters when we were younger and after a few minutes of shouting, I would always break down into tears because I just can't handle the contention. So when I see the alarmism and hateful things said about our president over this bill, I just want to shut down and retreat into my room until it blows over. I do not think Obama is a perfect man, but he is my President and deserves my respect. I think he is doing his best to help this country change for the better, and though I don't agree 100% with absolutely everything he does, I still support him, because he is my president. He is trying. Our government is here to protect and help us, so why are we fighting against that? It just upsets me to see the hate and discord that is filling the air and seeping into people's homes. I don't like it one bit.
And that's all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

Carey Griffin said...

I agree. The contention make politics extremely unappealing. I generally find out most of the things I know from being around my cousins who are extremely liberal. No, I don't share their beliefs, but more often sit and nod and form my own opinions later. Politics just makes me tired. I agree that the President's trying to help out and I respect that. Yep.

Linda said...

i agree completely, i'm the same way.