Thursday, March 18, 2010

So I feel a little disappointed, but mostly sad. I was on facebook this evening and discovered that one of my girls from EFY is pregnant. Unmarried, underage, and pregnant. This is a girl who is just so smart and beautiful. I remember watching her glow as she bore her testimony, not only in testimony meetings, but during lessons as she answered questions and constantly applied what we were teaching to her life. It just breaks my heart to see such an incredible girl make such a poor decision. But what hurts the most is the title of the album she posted with ultrasound pictures. She called it "babyyyy :)" and then I saw her status "Some of you already know, however some of you don't...buuuuuuuuut I'm having a baby!! :) I had my first ultrasound today, pics very soon :) I know this wasn't exactly the right order, but Jake and I are making things right and we're getting married this May :) We're so excited for our new family!! ♥". What hurts me is the smily faces and the hearts. How excited she is for this. I don't think she understands the gravity of the situation. I am glad that she is making the best of it, but it just makes me sad. I'm just so grateful for the atonement. I know that this sweet, vibrant girl can be clean again as she deals with the consequences of her actions. I hope that she and her fiance work together to be sealed to their little baby someday. I just hope for the best for her. She deserves the best.
And that is all. I guess I just need to vent a little tonight.

1 comment:

Linda said...

that is soooo sad! :(